Friday, August 24, 2012

The bead soup blog hop big reveal

"Who for such dainties would not stoop? Soup of the evening, beautiful soup!"

It's (almost) August 25 and the reveal date for my first Bead Soup Blog Party!

First a big thank you to Lori Anderson who writes the Pretty Things blog and organizes the Blog Hops. With some 400 participants that is a really big feat. Check out Lori's blog this weekend for some amazing deals, including discount codes for my beads and frit blends.

Second, a shout out to my Bead Soup Partner, Margot Potter, whose blog is Make it with Madge. Margot sent me an inspiring mix of beads that challenged me and I hope I pulled it off OK. On a side note, Margot was a recent contestant on Craft Wars and you can download the episode (A Christmas Craft-Tastrophe) from iTunes for $1.99. Fun to watch!

Next, another look at the Bead Soup Margot sent me.

The pendant is a collage Margot created from a fashion illustration in a 1930s magazine that she found at a flea market in Paris. The crystals are Swarovski Elements ("the sparkliest of the sparkly") and the little orange flowers are Lucite.


Margot also sent another pretty clasp that I used in this necklace made with my beads. The beads are all made with my frit blends and wasn't it the perfect accessory for a bead bazaar where I had my blends for sale.



So this is what I made with the pendant, the chain, the bird toggle closures, the crystals and the lucite flowers.



I'm personally tickled with the asymmetry of the beaded part of the necklace, the length and the way my lampwork floral blended in perfectly.

I had enough beads left for a pair of earrings to match my necklace.


I used the rest of the chain to make a little jingly jangly bracelet with the charms.


Those of you with eagle eyes may notice that I didn't use the wire mesh (yet) or the blue stars. The mesh is so pretty and I have a great idea about how I want to use it. I just have to make some big-holed beads, which I plan to string with knots in between. I'm still thinking about how to do the closure/clasp. I promise a picture when it is done. I'm still pondering the blue stars. I'm sure the perfect application will come along. It usually does.

I'm looking forward to blog hopping tomorrow (and probably the day after and the day after that). I looked at every post from the first and second reveal dates. I'm hoping to have time to make more comments on this reveal. I tried to paste the list at the end of this post but I kept hosing up the html, so you will have to go to Lori's blog, Pretty Things, and scroll down to Reveal #3,

And of course I am bursting with curiosity to see what beautiful concoction Madge whipped up with the Bead Soup I sent to her.

"Beautiful soup, who cares for fish, game or any other dish?
Who would not give all else for two pennyworth only of Beautiful Soup?"
From Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by the inimitable Charles Lutwidge Dodgson perhaps better known as Lewis Carrol

45 comments:

  1. Your glass beads are amazing! Great job with your soup! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and the bracelet is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! How delightful! You made wonderful things, Liz! Just stunning, beautiful, fabulous jewelry! I believe I've used up my daily quota of exclamation points! Wait...wait...no I have one left!

    Thanks so much for the beautiful beads! Ah, one last one still lurked...

    Cheers,
    Madge aka Margot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beads are gorgeous, and I love the creativity of your necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage focal and I like very much the way you have put that necklace together with the two toggles on show. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty pieces. You used the focal in a way that really sets it off. And I really like your frit bead necklace. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lampies and what you have done with them.Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job...look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soup-er cool Bead Soup Creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy! Your the first lampworker I've seen in the hop so far and I'm really impressed with your creations! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with your soup. I really like the frit beads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you showed off the vintage pendant! Love the set!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job on your bead soup...lovely creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great job with all the pieces! I especially like how you extended the focal with one of your beads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely soup- and you did a great job with the creations looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love the earring, beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the poetic title of your post:) That live advertisement necklace is a great idea, I bet it really helps folks decide to buy when they can see the frits on the beads in person. I like what you did with the focal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look awsome!

    And the first necklace is to dye for!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative pieces! I admire your lampworks! Its my dream to learn working with glass! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great necklace. Your focal bead is awesome and I like how you put it with a a soldered picture charm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the necklaces! Your lampwork beads from your own frit mixes are gorgeous and the second necklace with the cute french charm pendant is very sweet. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors and how you put together the necklace with the focal! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you did a great job with your soup. well done!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  24. All your pieces are so nice! I think it was super smart of you to make that first piece that displays a variety of your handmade beads. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super fun designs, especially the first necklace, so colorful!! Great job with your soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all so lovely. Great stuff. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love lampwork beads, great designs. Taking my first lamp wor class in Sept with Kerry Bogert!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lots of pretty creations! I love how you used two toggles on the necklace -- excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love what you did with your soup, that's a great necklace and a fun bracelet and earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice work using your soup ingredients. I like the way you placed the rwo toggles so they are front and center. Cheers!
    Lori D.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love what you did with your soup! I especially love the necklace with your lampworked beads. I think I have to do that with what I have, tho mine are not nearly as amazing as yours! Great pieces! Enjoy, gv

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pretty! I really love the cobalt blue of the beads in your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's great to meet an artist following her passion!! Lovely soupwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love that colorful necklace with your beads. you did a great job with your ingredients. by the way, noticed you silver bird clasps...I got one just like it in gold in my soup, love how you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What beautiful lampwork. Love everything you did but especially the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your lampwork focal is lovely !! You made lovely things together with the ingredients Margot sent you. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. How colourful! Love it!
    Specially that necklace you made with your own beads. So perfect for Summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness1 What gorgeous things you have made I love the colours in the first necklace, the second necklace is lovely that bead goes so well and your bracelet is so unusual I love them all!
    I have a second giveaway of a pair of earrings from my blog soup do come on over and take a look and enter to win if you get a minute!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I will post it as soon as I receive it. Liz