Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Still breathing

"Feed the babies who don't have enough to eat
Shoe the children with no shoes on their feet
House the people livin' in the street
Oh, there's a solution."

We're getting short of time and I'm getting short of breath.

We close on our new house on August 31. But we actually leave for North Carolina on August 20.

We're going first to watch the solar eclipse in Bryson City, at the foot of Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I made the reservation ages ago, when we thought we might already be living in NC or more likely that we'd be making a house-related visit about that time anyway.

As it turns out, our pre-closing meeting is scheduled for August 24.

We fly back to Houston on August 25, then back to Charlotte on August 30. Hopefully some furniture is delivered on September 1. We fly back to Houston on September 4, give or take, collect the cats and set out by car for NC on or about September 8.

Talk about meeting yourself coming and going.

We were going to spend two nights on the road, but now I think one night would be better. That would be about 550 miles per day. I'd just rather be really sick of driving and only have to spend one night in a hotel with kitties. Face it, we'll be really sick of driving any way we slice it, and recreation options en route are limited by the feline contingent.

Our house is getting done.
Front left view,.
Full frontal. Dozer not included.
Front right view, sort of.
Backyard from driveway. Master bedroom windows, master bath window.

Backyard from edge of to-be-screened porch. Landscaping happens last.

And the inside. First floor.

Front hallway. Door to basement at left.
Powder room.
Study, facing the front.
Utility room, facing entrance to/from garage.
Kitchen. I love the cabinets. Worker bee not included.
Yes, we put cabinets all around the island.
Master bedroom. I'm really happy about the Hinting Blue paint.
Master bath. Big tub. Tradeoff short vanities. Worth it.
And the master shower.
Come upstairs.
Bonus room. This is where I'll have my treadmill and TV.
Looking downstairs from the bonus room.
Bedroom four bath with shower.
Bedroom four, facing the front, above study.
Bathroom three will have a tub.
Bedroom three with view of neighbor's pool. Shutters ordered.
Bedroom two, facing back. Maybe my study.
Bedroom two, another view. Morning light.

And now, come downstairs.

Basement family room. Morning Sun paint.
Basement media room.
Basement fireplace.
Bedroom six with box bay. There is no bedroom five.
Bed six, another view. Maybe Neil's study.
Best for last. My studio. There are sliding doors to the deck at left.
Studio doors from back yard. I'll never be too hot or cold again.

So there you have it. 19 more sleeps until our pre-closing trip. My anxiety builds by the hour.

I still haven't shut down the torch. I made beads yesterday. I may make beads one more time, while Neil is gone for a couple of days. It calms me.

Making beads for me is a meditation. Honestly, beads have kept me sane, beads may be what saves me again.


Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Oh, through the revolution

Feed the babies
Who don't have enough to eat
Shoe the children
With no shoes on their feet
House the people
Livin' in the street
Oh, there's a solution

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Fly through the revolution

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will post it as soon as I receive it. Liz